In your daily life you can see the pile of junk mail in your mailbox. These mail are useless for almost all of us because most of the junk mail contains catalogs, credit card offers, advertising or promotion of any brand or service and in today’s modern world we can purchase anything online thus these promotions become almost useless. Still we receive a huge amount of junk mail everyday. You can stop junk mail by taking some useful and serious steps.
Although, there are so many useful things or methods by which you can reduce a large amount of junk mail but here we’ll see only a single method to reduce the amount of junk mail and that is – Return to Sender.
How to Return to Sender :-
You can send any mail back to sender if you don’t want to receive it anymore. For this you will need to follow the steps given below :-
- Select mail without opening it :- Short list the mail, you wish to return back and remember not to open it because opening the mail can make the process tedious.
- Write “Return to Sender” :- With the help of a marker or dark pen write “Return to Sender” on the front side of the envelope. Try to write it clear, visible and in bold letters so that the letter carrier also can see it clearly.
- Drop the mail into mailbox :- After writing your message on the envelope, put the mail into the mailbox or you can also hand over it to the letter carrier so that he can send it back to the sender because he might miss the message written on that mail and if he misses to notice that command or message then he will again deliver that mail to you.
By following these steps you will be able to send that useless mail back to it’s sender and the sender will also understand that from now you don’t need these type of mail and he / she will remove your name from the mailing list.
This was the USPS return to sender method to reduce the amount of junk mail. If this method doesn’t work then you can also send a note or letter to the sender. The method is as follows :-
- Write a Serious Note :- Write a serious note to send. If you don’t know what to write in that note then just simply ask the sender to stop mailing you because you don’t need this type of mail in your mailbox. Don’t use abusive language.
- Put it into the pre-paid return envelope :- Pre-paid return envelopes come with credit card offers and charity donation requests so use that envelope, put that note into the envelope.
- Mail it :- Everything is done, so now just put that envelope into the mailbox.
If the first method doesn’t work then this method will surely help you. Now you know the method and the process to return any mail back to the sender a mail. The one thing you should know that you cannot get rid of junk mail but you can reduce it’s amount and if you want to try new methods for this then you can also read another article on Stop Junk Mail.