“USPS Waiver of Signature” is initiated by sender that authorizes the letter carrier to deliver mail without getting signature from the addressee or it’s agent. Letter carrier can leave the mail in the mail receptacle or in any safe place. If any mail sender requests for waiver of signature then it means that he / she is agree to accept scan time and date information as a valid proof of delivery.
When Express mail items with waiver of signature is delivered, the letter carrier signs PS Form 3849 without getting any sign from the recipient. Letter carrier delivers the mail in the mail receptacle or in any place that is save, secured and protected from weather. When it (waiver of signature) is authorized there is no need to obtain the addressee’s signature that expedites the delivery time.
Some Important Points :-
- Sender must check the waiver of signature at time of mailing because it can’t be amended in transit.
- If within five days, no one claims the mailed item them it will be delivered back to the sender.
- For editions of the Priority Mail Express Label 11-B or Label 11-F printed before January 2012, without obtaining the proof of delivery with the recipient signature customers who send Priority Mail Express item may instruct U.S Postal Service to deliver a Priority Mail Express 1 Day Delivery or Priority Mail Express 2 Day Delivery item by checking and signing the “Waiver of Signature” on Label 11-B or Label 11-F, or indicating waiver of signature is requested on single-ply commercial label.
- It’s not available with some additional insurance, For Priority Mail Express Collect on Delivery (COD) Restricted Delivery or Priority Mail Express COD.
- For loss of package it’ll void any insurance claim. (You can file a claim for service failure, missing / damaged contents.)
- Return Receipt for Merchandise :-
Delivery employee will sign for item as POD (Proof of Delivery) and will leave the item in mail receptacle or in any secured and protected place.
- Domestic Priority Mail Express :-
Delivery employee will sign for Domestic Priority Mail Express item as POD (Proof of Delivery) and will leave the item in mail receptacle or in any secured and protected place.
PS Form 3849 :-
Note :- With any other mail service, Waiver of Signature isn’t available.